riches.

When people find out that my "family" is decently "well off" they never understand why I get pissed when they ask me why I dont ask them for money if I need it. Ever since I was a child, all I can remember is that I was severely independant. This carried on through middle school, high school, and even now into my adult days. I dont ask people for money, food, help, etc even if it would benefit me greatly. Im an independant young adult and on top of that, im a woman. Im stubborn and do things my own way. It annoys me when other people my age or even younger rely soley on their parents to continue to support them after they move out. I have been supporting myself since I moved out of my parents house at 18. Ive paid my rent, phone bill, doctors bills, utility bills, student loans and anything else on my own. My parents support my decisions and life choices 100% and are there for me if I need something. I know I can always call them up if im having a rough time or need help with something difficult in my life. That being said, I dont take advantage of their support. My parents have a decent amount of money, yes. Would I ever ask them for money? Probably never. I will never understand the people around here that are pretty much being paid to party, hang with friends, and do whatever else they want because since their parents will pay for everything, they dont have to worry about responsibility. It is not my parents responsibility to worry about my expenses, its my own. Im just not hung up on all the materialistic things in life. My life is benefited by the people I choose to surround myself with and the choices I make. Money is important and neccessary, but I can support myself.

/endrant.

No comments: