commercials.

why i dislike valentines day.

why on earth is there a need to broadcast a million commercials or ads via tv, radio, online, billboards, retail locations, etc for one day. why do you need just one day to "express" how much you "love" or "care" for someone by buying them expensive things they dont need and you dont have the money for.
valentines day is stressful. say you do get your significant other something. what if they hate it? theres always that split second you can read someones face even if they try to hide their true feelings.
what if you get your other something you think they want, but they wanted something else more which just leads to disappointment. i feel as if girls just expect jewelry. not me. im not a huge fan, maybe its because of my quirky personality, but im just not really into expensive or fancy jewelry.
now on to the commercials. every single commercial i hear says something along the lines of, "show how much you care by spending a bajillion dollars on this item" or "really express your love by". YOU KIDDING? last time i checked love is not measured by money or physical items. these commercials are pretty much telling me that i cant care for someone without having to buy something for them on this one specific day. valentines day is so blown out of proportion. there are 365 days in a year. why cant i show someone how much i care each and every one of those days?
im a home body. id rather sit inside and spend time with someone i care about doing things we normally do rather than go out, have to deal with rude waiters/waitresses/employees at whatever fancy and expensive restaurant we end up going to.
valentines day just doesnt make sense to me. make me a card, paint me a picture, give me a hug, but dont you dare spend money on me because while I may be worth it, I dont need materialistic things to prove someone cares about me.

/endrant.

I already have everything I want. I dont need anything else.

No comments: